Tire Swing

You spread your branches out wide
Enough to catch me
Coarse and rigid bark
Dripping sweet and sappy

I find myself wandering outside
On days like these
To enjoy an afternoon swing
Back and forth,
Back and forth
Not always sure
If I'll keep coming back

Maybe
One day I'll stay
But what's the fun in knowing that

I know I never said for keeps
But freedom sometimes seems so lonely

And my love tires,
As she sleeps 
Dormant within me
Still playfully hung up
By what used to be her noose
Now just looking for a sturdy branch to tell her
This isn't the kind of game you have to lose

Something about tire swings in summer
Always sounded like good news
Unaffected by the loose screws
Barely hanging on by worn threads

Even amongst an icy winter frost
I seek the softness of your breath
Leaving behind secret whispers
Decoded on foggy panes
Stories of what comes after springtime rains

Familiarity of this space
Childhood bliss
Cold and hesitant
Warm kiss
Of sun rays
Delicately gracing both sides of my face

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping