Boo's Favorite

My heart's been racing
My stomach dropping
But I'll never let it stop me
Cause I got a fire right here and it's been boiling inside me
So I let it grow, wait for it to overflow
And explode like lightning
Shoot across the night sky from the darkness behind my eyes
Take a trip into my mind and you'll find it's frightening
And when the glass shatters it won't matter how long you've been hiding
Cause I've been biting my time and tongue
Holding onto one solitary breath in my lungs
Just to fill a scream
Am I more than what I seem?
Or just a collection of bad decisions infected by naive dreams..
I remember when this life was not only mine, but a gold mine
Those are just faded memories in the back of my grown up mind now
Behind resentments, and late payments, and living in my parents basement,
And unopened bank statements
If only I had known what the word mistake meant
Instead of thinking I could live freely without ever regretting it
Someone please show me the fire in your spirit too
I've been screaming out of sanity but nobody can hear it
It's true.. that my vessel has been used up and jaded
And now all the fun has faded into dimmer shades of green light red light
Green for all the money and red for all the blood shed over it in hindsight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping