Snooze

Wait

Can we hit snooze real quick on this goodnight?

I’m not ready to turn off the lights

I need five more minutes of staring into your eyes

Eight more minutes of tense sighs and alibis for thoughts we have yet to speak into existence

Holding onto straggling strands of silence

Between our giggles and suggestive conversations


Give me thirty more minutes into these witching hours

Casting spells and guttural howls

Beneath quiet boundaries where we play coy with our curiosities

Wandering around words,

Tiptoeing untold stories

Fighting the urge to say

I’ve been daydreaming of the way you taste

Fantasizing how your fingers feel wrapped around my waist

Lost in a sea of waves of raven hair

How we touch like prayer

But move like born-again sinners

Horns holding up halos

Patience growing thinner

Willpower waning

Every time you whisper my name


Together we wield a powerful magic

No static when we mix these potions

Spirits and sodas inspire divine motions between us

Got me reading about our Venus compatibility 

Like, this chemistry has got to be celestially aligned

Don’t pay mind to my occasional stutters or accidental rhymes

You see, you bring poetry out of me

And simultaneous courage

To say things I normally would only boldly emblazon onto paper


You make it feel safe here

To finally shed my armor a little at a time

I hope you could stay here a little longer

As to further acquaint our lips with our minds

Unfolding as we lie perfectly intertwined

Let me hit snooze until sunrise

Leave sleep for the dead and depressed

I’d risk dark circles and puffy eyes

To fall asleep on your chest mid-sentence


“Good morning, darling, goodni-“


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Which Apocalypse Are You Rooting For?